Haram!!! Two children Die After Eating Pork in Lilongwe

January 23, 2017 by Staff Reporter

Two children on Thursday died at Chitedze in the capital city  Lilongwe after eating contaminated pork, state controlled online Media  Malawi News Agency(Mana) reported.

Lilongwe Police Station Spokesperson, Inspector Kingsley Dandaula told the Malawi News Agency (Mana) Monday that the deceased and other children had eaten pork from a piglet that had died on its own.frozen-pork-meat-500x500

“There were eight children who were playing and found a dead piglet and the children decided to prepare the piglet, after eating the pork they started feeling stomachache and were taken to Chitedze Health Centre for treatment.

“Sadly, two children died upon arrival at the Health Centre while others are currently admitted and are reported to be in fair condition,” Dandaula said.

He said the incident happened while the parents and neighbours had gone to the gardens since this is a farming period.

Postmortem conducted at the Health Centre revealed that the children had eaten poisonous food.

The Police have identified the deceased children as Owen Harry, 9 and Aliyere Samuel, 7, both from Chiwoza village in the area of Traditional Authority Malili in Lilongwe.

Advertisements

Visits Today

  • 213,500 hits

Categories

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 13,848 other followers

January 2017
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Member of The Internet Defense League

%d bloggers like this: